Apply for Paid Internship
October 20 @ 8:00 am - December 31 @ 5:00 pm UTC+5.5
India Youth For Society (IYFS), an accredited organization to UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme), was established in 2011 with headquarters at Visakhapatnam. The Society has grown from a few nominal members to 34 active and efficient group members including volunteers.
Our mission is to teach the students in schools about conservative methods and create environmental awareness in all aspects, to implement plastic pollution preventive measures through awareness campaigns, regular cleaning activities, and handling plastic scrap mechanically, to work on water conservation, and to restore the polluted ponds, lakes, and water tanks, to help unemployed youth with mentorship and assist them with opportunities in waste management or any other fields.
About part time job/ internship
The roles and responsibilities of an event coordinator on waste management include:
1) Develop and implement a waste management plan for the event. This plan should include strategies for minimizing waste generation, maximizing recycling and composting, and disposing of any remaining waste in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
2) Communicate the waste management
plan to all event staff and attendees. This includes providing clear instructions on how to properly sort and dispose of waste, as well as information about the event’s recycling and composting programs.
3) Coordinate with waste management vendors to ensure that adequate waste collection and disposal services are in place. This may include working with multiple vendors, depending on the size and complexity of the event.
4) Monitor the implementation of the waste management plan throughout the event and make adjustments as needed. This may involve working with event staff to ensure that waste is being sorted and disposed of properly, and troubleshooting any problems that arise.
5) Evaluate the effectiveness of the waste management plan after the event and identify areas for improvement. This information can be used to inform the waste management plans for future events.
Who can apply
- are available for the part time job/internship
- can start the part time job/internship between at the earliest
- are available for duration of 2 months
- are from or open to relocate to Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad, Vijayawada and neighboring cities
- have relevant skills and interests
- One will get 6000 – 9000 per month
Please email us your applications or queries