- To educate citizens about the environment conservation to achieve a plastic pollution free India and provide employment opportunities to youth.
- To make every Indian a socially and ecologically responsible citizen for building the nation
What we do?
- We spread environmental awareness among public to achieve a plastic pollution free India by organizing outreach programs, workshops and outdoor campaigns.
- We encourage children to learn about the beneficial effects of protecting environment through creative campaigns and activities.
- We facilitate employment opportunities for youth through the organization and recycling plant.
- We provide mentorship, assistance and vocational training to support women and youth empowerment.
- Make India Single-Use-Plastic free and plastic pollution free through plastic recycling and waste management.
- We work towards water conservation and restoration of polluted water bodies.
- We promote peace and non-violence among the citizens by initiating group discussions.
- We encourage eco-friendly products, handicrafts and promote local heritage.
- Nehru Yuva Kendra – 199/16
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) – 503/2018
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) – Observer Status
- Oceans Conference – 81/2020
- Global Waste Cleaning Network – GWCN/M/31. 315
- MESSAGE (Make Each School Student Aware of Good Environment):
It is a creative campaign initiated by IYFS (India Youth For Society)
with a motive to make Government primary school students aware of various creative skills such as painting/drawing, best out of waste craft making, storytelling and gardening, to instil holistic habits such as meditation and yoga in their everyday lives to help them lead joyful lives & also to create awareness among them about the importance of protecting our environment.
- Plastic Free India:
Through awareness campaigns we sensitize the public about reusing, reducing, and eliminating the usage of single-use plastic items from their day-to-day lives.
- Beach Cleanup Drives:
We give an open-call for the children, youth and citizens to participate in the beach cleanup drives through which plastic waste will be collected and sent for recycling.
- Peace Keeping:
Based on SDG #16, this is a campaign developed to spread ‘Gandhian Ideas’ in theory and in action, diffuse full knowledge and create awareness on its utility to the present and future generations. How true it is! “The earth can satisfy every need of man but not the greed of the man.”
- Clear Coasts Campaign:
The campaign was run for about 6 months in association with Australian Consulate Aid by with the concept of 4Cs
- Coastal Clean-up 2) Citizen Participation 3) Cotton Bags 4) Collection
- SMART (Safety Means Alert on Road in Traffic):
This project is targeted to reduce the amount of traffic accidents in the city and their consequences by following the road safety measures. It aims to increase the safety level on local roads, encourage walking and bi-cycling in the city and improve the urban space. It focused at reducing number of deaths and injuries caused by traffic and consequently decreasing the number of road accidents. Frequent accident data studies and analysis took place in IYFS to identify safety actions that we felt are necessary to achieve improvements.
- Plastic Reprocessing Unit and Waste Management Training Centre
‘Plastic Free India’ campaign gradually led us to establish a recycling plant in collaboration with local government. Currently, we handle 2 tons per day and 11 people employed directly. Urban Local Body provided warehouse and Rotary Club donated machinery for handling more plastic waste.
Handling Municipal Plastic Scrap through a mechanical recycling process known as extrusion in order to improve the local environment and offer continuous employment to individuals from socially and economically disadvantaged groups. We use the following methods to do so –
- Segregation at source
- Doorstep collection
- Washing & drying
- Contaminant separation
- Crushing, shredding, processing
- Cooling & Cutting
It is a service to the environment & public health. At the same time, it is revenue generate model. The unit creates a source of livelihood initially for about 200 women (indirectly) who are under poverty line and help rag-pickers as well. In addition to this, any number of Self-Help Group women can be a part of this project.
- Eco-friendly Products shop:
We promote and sell eco friendly products (jute & cloth bags, cardboard pens, wooden toothbrushes & combs, steel straws & cleaners, Sugarcane plates & packaging boxes, etc.)
- HELP (Humanitarian aid for Employment and Livelihood Project):
HELP stands for our Humanitarian-aid for Employment & Livelihood Project. Unemployment is an increasing problem in India. The society conducts surveys to recognize industries that have a demand for manpower. It then facilitates training programs to upskill the unemployed population and provide them with jobs.
- Plastic Parlour:
In exchange of plastic waste, we provide breakfast, plants, jute bags and other eco-friendly products.
Learn from us about Waste Management, Pollution Control Measures, energy Conservation, Start-Up Ideas & Entrepreneurship & Social Media Management
- Industrial tours:
We organise industrial visits for students so that they get inspired towards recycling and waste management methods.
We conduct waste management workshops in apartments, RWAs, colonies, parks, or offices, etc.