Guidelines for Internship with IYFS
India Youth For Society (IYFS) is a not-for-profit organization registered under AP Societies Registration Act,2001. The society has affiliations with United Nation Environment Program (UNEP), Nehru Yuva Kendra (NYK), Global Waste Cleaning Network (GWCN). Society has observer status at the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Society actively works in conjunction with GVMC and Forest Department. Society has a vision to take a proactive approach towards empowerment of youth, protection of the environment and providing employment opportunities.
About Internship Program:
Society offers a platform for students (undergraduate and postgraduate) to learn and acquire skills such as communication, writing, leadership and management by working with us as interns. The Internship program is designed such that students will be introduced to existing legislative and environmental frameworks and will be given challenges in the micromanagement of issues pertaining to civic bodies. The students will be given the opportunity to work in one of the following domains that are in consonance with the objectives of the Society.
Areas of Work:
1. Environmental Awareness
2. Plastic Waste Management
3. Conservation and restoration of water bodies.
4. Skill development
5. Traffic Safety and Management
6. Counselling and Mental Health Support
7. Drug De- addiction
8. Promotion of Peace and Non-violence
10. Conservation of Heritage sites
Duration of Internship:
To join the internship program the students must submit a no objection certificate or a requisition letter from their academic institute. IYFS offers internships for a period ranging from two weeks to six months.
Internship with IYFS provides an opportunity to scale up the skills of the student. To discourage non serious participation, IYFS charges a nominal fee from the interns which will be utilized for the activities of the Society. The details of the fee are as follows:
|Duration of Internship||Internship |
|Up to 15 days||₹ 1500||₹ 200||₹ 1700|
|16 to 44 days||₹ 2000||₹ 200||₹ 2200|
|45 to 60 days||₹ 3000||₹ 200||₹ 3200|
The student pays the total fee as mentioned above at the time of admission. At the end of internship, the refundable component of fee will be returned to the student subject to fulfilment of the conditions mentioned below.
1. Submission of a Project Report# at the end of tenure of internship.
2. Attendance during the internship period should be maintained not less than 80%.
3. Adherence to professional discipline+ throughout the period of internship.
4. Adherence to a formal dress code.
5. Return any society issued property* and equipment along with information and documents belonging to the society.
# Project Report should be free from plagiarism.
+ Society reserves the right to terminate the offer of internship for reasons of misconduct by student.
* Society reserves the right to collect any fines or compensation from the student in lieu of the physical damage or loss caused to society’s property.
Note: This is an unpaid internship. No TA or DA will be provided to the students during the internship.
Steps for Registration:
- Read instructions carefully
- Choose topic, start date & end date
- Pay fee by scanning QR Code given below and save the screen shot
- Fill the application & upload the screen shot of payment
- You will receive further instrctions and guidance.